Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Go Ahead, Have Seconds



Well, this is good news! According to FitDay.com, the average person burns approximately 86 calories per hour while scootering about. Here's a breakdown, by Thanksgiving food item, of how many hours you need to ride your scooter to burn off what you (and by you, I mean me) stuck in your pie-hole.

Turkey: 3.25

Mashed potatoes: 2.2

Gravy: 4

That green-bean casserole thingy: 3.2

Yams with marshmallows: 3.5

Cranberry sauce: 4.9

Stuffing: 1.9

Pumpkin pie: 3.6

Pecan pie: 5.9


So, according to my own calculations, I will be mounting my scooter Friday morning and won't be dismounting until I'm halfway through Colorado. Care to join me? I didn't think so.

3 comments:

  1. Skiing/snowboarding moderately can burn up over 400 calories an hour! So scoot up your local snow-covered mountain, strap on the snow gear, and hit the chair lifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea Gordon, but do you have a ski rack on your scoot? If so, that's RAD! I think you can also burn lots of Thanksgiving carbs by doing the watoosie. Wink, wink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone could affix a rack to their scooter, it would be The Gordo. If anyone could create a scooter/ski rack bento box, it would be Ms. Michelle. Either way, we win.

    Happy Turkey day to you both. xo

    ReplyDelete